Huntington-Surrey School admits students throughout the school year. Students who have chosen to learn the Huntington-Surrey way are usually bright, divergent thinkers who want small, personal classes that are highly interactive and student-centered. We have students from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances, but one thing they all share is that they have chosen to be here.
Our process usually starts with a visit to the school. Call us today to schedule a time to visit classes in-session, meet our teachers and administrative staff, and get a chance to get a good “feel” for the school. Call Johni or Light at (512) 478-4743, or click here to request more information.
Admissions at Huntington-Surrey –
A straightforward, non-bureaucratic process.
- Parents call the school for information at (512) 478-4743
- One of the Co-Directors, Johni or Light discusses the school and
makes an appointment with the parents and potential student.
- The appointment includes a personal conversation with the
parents, student, and Co-Directors, Johni and Light. Then there is
a short tour of the school.
- If the parents and student are interested in continuing the process,
they contact the school for the student to shadow.
- The parents and student confer, as do the directors and teachers
whose classes were visited. If all those involved agree that
Huntington-Surrey is a good match for the student, then the
student has found a school home.
- The school sends the student a written invitation and a contract.
The family pays the deposit or the entire year’s tuition to reserve
- The family requests that a transcript from the previous school
and medical records be sent to Huntington-Surrey.
Huntington-Surrey mails the student a packet of information,
including a calendar and supply list.