• Founded in 1973 / Same Owner since 1978
• Serves grades 9-12
• 3:1 student-teacher ratio
• Class sizes limited to 8, 6 or 1 based on the course
• 19 teachers on-staff, all degreed
Goals & Teaching Philosophy
Our Goals Are To Develop…
- Students who are good human beings
- Students who are articulate and self-aware
- Students who value themselves and others
- Students who are prepared to go into the world with knowledge and heart to make the world a better place
Our Teaching Philosophy is that…
- Students are the focus
- As much as we may know, we are not here for self-aggrandizement
- Students and teachers must show each other respect
- Every class must be a careful balance between our sharing our knowledge and the students learning to express their ideas and support their ideas
- As teachers, we need to maintain an atmosphere of sharing that allows the voicing of all opinions supported by what the students know from their reading, the media, and life experience.
- Students must show their peers respect and courtesy. No student may bully or speak badly to another.
A Very Special Faculty
What makes Huntington-Surrey stand out so much from other small private schools beyond our student-to-teacher ratios is the quality of our teachers. We offer 19 teachers who each have degrees in the subjects they teach. These include 19 BA’s, 10 MA’s, and 5 PHD’s.