• Founded in 1973 / Same Owner since 1978
• Serves grades 9-12
• 3:1 student-teacher ratio
• Class sizes limited to 8, 6 or 1 based on the course
• 19 teachers on-staff, all degreed
What Makes Huntington-Surrey So Great?
There are lots of reasons why our parents, students, and faculty love our school.
- 20 years of graduates with a 100% college acceptance rate
- Student/Teacher ratios of 8-1 for core classes, 6-1 for math classes, and 1-1 for literature. This is the smallest student/teacher ratio of any accredited high school in Central Texas.
- Our British tutorial method for literature, the only of its kind in the area.
- Teachers with degrees in what they teach, knowledge, and enthusiasm
- Customized teaching methods, attention, and an individualized pace of learning
- A smaller environment that is contained, controlled, and a safe haven for students
- Real learning and the instilling of a thirst-for-knowledge
- Respect for students and their individuality
- A quality private high school education that is more affordable than most schools
- Students who are prepared to go into the world with knowledge and heart to make the world a better place
- Comprehensive guidance through the college search and admission process
- Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools since 1986
- We’re eclectic. A little bit funky. Serious about education. And a lot of fun.
If you are an individual who cares about learning, wants your child to be prepared for college and for life, then we invite you to learn more about Huntington-Surrey. Think about these unique attributes, research our reviews online, then see if a school visit might be right for you and your children. We Are College Prep With a Heart.